- 1980 Trees, Trails, Springs & Things (TTS&T) recognized as a non-profit organization by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Lilac Springs – name given to a farm purchased in 2003.
- Lilac Springs, also, becomes the name of an S Corporation that offered a wide variety of services and activities; its primary objectives included property development and the creation of resources to provide trauma focused interventions to a variety of populations.
- April 17, 2014 Trees, Trails, Springs & Things granted 501(c)(3) tax exempt status by the IRS, and the primary mission of TTS&T is the provision of services to combat veterans.
- 2014 Lilac Springs S Corporation terminated.
- Official title – Trees, Trails, Springs & Things dba Lilac Springs, often referred to as The Lilac Springs Veterans Services Project.
Physical location: 19112 Willow Way – Meadville, PA 16335
Business office: 7907 Dutch Hill Road – Meadville, PA 16335
Telephone: 814-282-9380 Website: lilacsprings-vets.com
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 866-543-6648
Trees, Trails, Springs & Things
a. To establish a program through which education, service, training, advocacy, employment and developmental assistance is provided for/by handicapped, minority and elderly individuals to assure they have access to the benefits and opportunities available in business, industry, government and the human services.
b. To establish a means by which those individuals who are classified as socially, physically and/or mentally handicapped can fully access and experience outdoor nature activities.
c. To establish a self-sustaining work/training and service provision activity that relies predominantly on socially, physically and/or mentally handicapped individuals to carry out any and/or all organizational activities which are ordinarily classified as line functions.
d. To establish an entity that represents the ideal of having people join together to share their ideas, ideals, energies and resources in a unified manner so as to enhance social, familial and intra-personal growth.
e. To promote activities and undertakings that enhance and expand upon existing health, welfare, social and medical organizations, agencies and enterprises in order to make them more responsive to the needs of society.
Lilac Springs Mission Statement
To operate the premiere program in the United States for citizen supported Veterans Services by:
- TREATING Combat Veterans through acts of human kindness
- Restoring a sense of rhythm within themselves, within a community and within an environment
- Getting their psychological momentum/inertia stopped
- Having them realize, in the the words of Albert Camus:
“In the midst of winter, I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer.”